The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- We managed to fit EVERYTHING in the vehicle, except the camera which is why there are no pictures with this post.
- I spent an entire day with my brother and my nieces.
- We arrived safe and sound in Amarillo.
- None of the items packed on top of the vehicle fell off.
- It took us over 4 hours to travel the first approximately 100 miles.
- We stopped no less than 4 times to adjust the straps and tarp holding down the luggage on top of the vehicle. Finally we removed the tarp all together.
- The inside of the SUV feels a bit like sardines in a can.
- My laptop Wi-Fi isn’t working so no blogging from the road.
- The best nap Weston had today was passed out in my arms at the dinner table.
- Weston has a cold . . . and possibly a fever. Gunky eyes are getting worse and I don’t know what to do. Where do you find a doctor on the road? Is it concerning enough to even go to the trouble? HELP!
- Due to said cold, Weston was not the best traveler today and my brother and nieces aren’t really used to dealing with a complaining baby.
- Our hotel reservations were confirmed – for a hotel that doesn’t open until January of next year! We scrambled at the last minute (10:30 p.m.) and found another room at a decent price, but I was extremely frustrated and tired at this point in my night.
Tomorrow, the journey continues.