If you work with teenagers, I probably don’t have to say anything else. These two men are premier in their field. And if you live in the DFW area, you have the opportunity to see them live in a small setting when they bring the Speaking to Teenagers seminar to FBC Mckinney on September 18th.
If you don’t know anything about Doug and Duffy. Let me introduce you:
Both Doug and Duffy have had the privilege of speaking to teenagers every week for over 30 years. Doug is the founder of Simply Youth Ministry and a veteran youth pastor who was most recently at Saddleback Church in Southern California for 18 years. He has authored over 50 books—including Speaking To Teenagers with Duffy Robbins. Duffy is Professor of Youth Ministry of Eastern University in St. Davids, Pennsylvania. When Duffy isn’t teaching, he’s speaking at Seminars and workshops all over the world. In addition to his speaking ministry, Duffy has authored 17 youth ministry books and textbooks.
Doug and Duffy love Jesus, one another, youth workers, laughing and teaching others to be more effective communicators. This will be a very fun, informative and fast paced day.
You will leave this seminar knowing:
• The crucial elements of effective communication
• The essentials for understanding and connecting to a teenage audience
• Keys for personal and spiritual preparation before speaking
• The top 10 places to find great illustrations
• How to use the right types of words to make God’s Word come alive for students
• 7 proven tips to make stories more personal & effective
• An approach to turn your experiences into powerful illustrations and connecting points
• The powerful dynamics of humor and how to use it effectively
• How to keep teenagers engaged and deepen their learning
• How to avoid making the most common mistakes speakers make
• Practical guidelines to enhance your body language and gestures
Get registered today (and don’t forget to get the rest of your youth workers on board as well!)Dallas TX - Speaking to Teenagers Seminar
Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 9:00am
The Rock @ 1st Baptist McKinney